Did you know that a psychotherapist can…
- deliberately withhold from you information about their approach, methods and techniques?
- misrepresent their qualifications and services in their advertising?
- fail to obtain your informed consent to use psychological techniques on you, and set a therapeutic agenda for you, without first assessing your situation and finding out what are your therapy goals?
- be careless about maintaining your confidentiality?
- do all of the above and get away with it?
They can. I know because it happened to me.
And much, much worse has happened to other Marks in therapy offices around the world.